There isn’t anything much more comforting than Broccoli and Cheese & Potato Casserole! It is perfect for a lazy Sunday meal, a busy back to school night, or to take to a friend in need! Add some shredded chicken in it or chicken breasts on the side for a complete meal! Enjoy!
Broccoli Cheese Potato Casserole, Ingredients:
- 4 cups shredded potato (I used a 20 ounce bag of hash browns)
- 4 cups broccoli florets (I used frozen/thawed)
- 2 cups finely shredded cheese (I used a fiesta blend) – add an extra cup to the inside of the casserole if you like things really cheesy!
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sweet onion, small chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- optional: shredded chicken breast
- Put everything EXCEPT 1 cup of the shredded cheese into a large bowl and mix well.
- Press mixture into a 9×9 casserole dish and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake covered on center rack at 375 degrees for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 10 – 15 minutes until cheese is starting to brown.