Love crispy, breaded fish but dislike the deep-frying? We have the perfect Crispy Baked Walleye Recipe for you that only takes 25 minutes to prepare and make! For those of you who only like deep-fried fish, you will absolutely love this recipe. Change up the recipe a bit by using your favorite seasonings or you can also use tilapia or other white fish fillets. Our Personalized 9×13″ Glass Baking Dish worked perfectly for the recipe too!
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup instant mashed potato flakes
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 (4 ounce) fillets walleye (or as many as you need)
- Preheat an oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Grease a baking dish.
- Beat the eggs and water together in a bowl until smooth; set aside. Combine the bread crumbs, potato flakes, and Parmesan cheese in a separate bowl with the seasoned salt until evenly mixed. Dip the walleye fillets into the beaten egg, then press into the bread crumb mixture. Place onto the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the fish is opaque in the center and flakes easily with a fork, 15 to 20 minutes.
We served out Crispy Baked Walleye with loaded potatoes and green beans if you are looking for some great sides to go with it. Enjoy!