Love Chicken? Bacon? Ranch? Cheese? Tater Tots? Well this is a recipe you will be in heaven with! Now it is not a “Sweet Treat” but it is definitely one of the best, easiest, and delicious recipes we have made for dinner in a while. Our Sweet Treats Personalized Lid is just one of our many favorites so wanted to show it off! This recipe can really be made however you want it to be. Have some leftovers or another favorite addition? Just add it in. This recipe is a must have for those nights you are craving all the good stuff! Enjoy!
- 5-6 slices of crispy, cooked bacon
- 4 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup ranch dressing
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 bag frozen tater tots or round hash brown potatoes
- 1½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese (could use cheddar if that’s what you have)
- Salt & Pepper
- Half of an onion, diced
- Tomato (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray or grease 9×13 glass or ceramic baking dish.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter on low, then whisk in flour. Add ½ tsp each salt and pepper.
- Slowly whisk in milk, a bit at a time, keeping a nice creamy consistency. Stir in ranch dressing.
- In the baking dish, layer the chicken, then sauce, then onion, then half of the cheese, then tater tots.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until potatoes are crispy and golden. Top with remaining cheese and crumbled bacon and tomato (optional), then bake again approx 5 minutes until cheese is bubbly.
- You can add parsley or chopped chives for added color and flavor.