This week we tried a recipe off the 21 Day Fix Plan. This Chicken Fajitas did not taste like a diet… it was phenomenal, fresh, and really simple to make. Eating healthy doesn’t have to mean poor flavor. These Chicken Fajitas are the perfect way to go for dinner.
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 1 red pepper
- 1 small yellow pepper
- 1/2 onion
- 2Tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tbsp Taco Seasoning
- Whole wheat wraps or any your prefer
- Cook chicken in large frying pan. Using wooden spatula cut up chicken into bite sized pieces. Once browned remove from pan.
- Chop peppers and onions while chicken cooks.
- Add peppers and onions into the pan to cook until tender.
- When peppers are tender add the chicken back into the pan.
- Mix water, lime juice and taco seasoning together in small bowl or wet measure. Pour over the chicken and peppers and onions.
- Cook everything until the liquid has evaporated.
- Top your wrap with Greek yogurt and the fajita filling OR cheese, guacamole, or salsa. Whichever your preference.
- We added our Fresh Tomato Mix Recipe to the top and it was better than any other topping with fantastic flavor!
This is a quick and yummy dinner that the whole family can have. Kids may not get excited about the peppers and onions so taking the plain chicken out before adding it into the peppers and taco seasoning allows you to make them a simple chicken cheese wrap.