Deep Frying can be VERY unhealthy, but we all have our cravings for wings once in a while. We made our homemade Deep Fried Chicken Wings last night. Take a look at this amazing recipe. To get a more tangy taste instead of hot, add in a little BBQ Sauce to the Frank’s RedHot®. We love it! While you have the deep fryer out… you might as well throw in some seasoned french fries too! If you don’t already have enough sauce, we dunked in ranch too! Enjoy!
- 3 cups vegetable oil for frying, or as needed
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 3 eggs
- 2 (5 ounce) bottles hot sauces (we used Frank’s RedHot®), divided
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 ½ pounds chicken wings and drummies
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder, or to taste
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ½ cup butter
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 400 degree F
- Place flour in a bowl. Whisk eggs, 1 bottle hot sauce, and water in another bowl until smooth. Season chicken with garlic powder, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Dip each wing into the egg mixture, then toss with flour mixture to coat. Gently shake off excess flour and set aside. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Fry chicken in the hot oil in batches until chicken is no longer pink at the bone and skin is golden brown, about 5 minutes. Drain in a large bowl line with paper towels, then season again to taste.
- Heat butter and remaining bottle hot sauce in a saucepan over medium- heat until butter is melted. Whisk until smooth. Remove paper towels from bowl and pour butter sauce over chicken; toss to coat.